"When dawn spreads its paintbrush on the plain, spilling purple... ," Sons of the Pioneers song from TV show "Wagon Train." Dawn on the mythic Santa Fe Trail, New Mexico, looking toward Raton from Cimarron. -- Clarkphoto. A curmudgeon's old-fashioned newspaper column, cross-breeding metaphors and journalism and art, for readers in 150 countries.
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Media discussion day in International media class
1. Which way is up? Why do we say something "went South?" Upside down world map. How does this effect us?
2. From a year ago, why do Americans distrust the media? Is it just Trump? Gallup poll results.
3. Authoritarian China--the press must serve the party; Any parallels today?
4. America's ethnocentric, eurocentric, xenophobic press--what it chooses to cover and not cover internationally--chart
5. America before illegal immigration--map.
All this and visuals, on the class blog, click here: Clarkinternational