|Screen shot of blog page views per month from beginning in May 2009 til today when it surpassed 5,000 monthly views for first time.--Note: Blogspot is wrong, not May 2007, but 2009.|
Here are the numbers:
- 5,012--December page views at 9:45 am today
- 4,459--Previous high month, July, 2013
Page views by country
- 128--number of countries with readers
- 33--new countries this year
- 2013--252--by December 31
- August, 2009--76
- July, 2009--70
- January, 2010--57
- April, 2010--47
- December, 2013!--39--by the end of the year
- Dec, 23, 2013--532! A watercolor "Christmas eve journey"
- 2492--All aboard for Bartlesville , October, 2010 (I have no idea why)
- 1646--All aboard, August, 2010
- Actually top six posts of all time include the words "All aboard." Lots of train buffs?
- 129--Flags of historic friends--Canada, Feb. 2012 (This is now the 10th most popular posting of all time) I wondered about posting articles and maps about the countries of my readers, but apparently, it's interesting.
- 114--Black Friday blues, November, 2013
- 75--A Friday night 44 years ago, Nov. 2013
- 71--Raining ice as the sun comes out, December, 2013
- "The booth is a verb"--More than 10,000 words in multiple chapters telling the story of the booth and my friend, the late Bob Illidge, from 2009.
That's due in part because I teach a class in blogging at UCO and have to be active to have integrity. It's also due to the fact that the blog has grown and changed since the beginning and I've learned a lot and changed too.
It now includes more photographs and paintings, and more story telling I think. The design has changed with the times too. What hasn't changed in the past four months is the title photo at the top, from my back road solo trip to New Mexico. That photo tells you so much about me and my interests. But it will eventually change too.
What's next? I have no idea, although I've said for some time I want to take the blog to the "next level," whatever that means. I hope it means switching formats and hosts, adding advertising for some income, and emphasizing travel more. But I don't really know.
Why do I do this? I guess because I'm a first-born Capricorn and deep down, a journalist.
When I owned the Waurika News-Democrat, my weekly column was titled "Trail Talk," because we were on the old Chisholm Trail. As a friend once said to me about this blog, "Hey, you've got your column back."