Twitter for Journalists has launched again. The students are awash in assignments, but thankful there's no "written" textbook. In this new age, all you need is online.
If you care to "read" along, here were some of the assignments for tomorrow:
1. Check twitterholic.com to see who's popular
2. Study twellow.com for categories of tweeters and to find two potential professional tweets to follow and interview
3. Check out @MikeSherman, sports editor at The Oklahoman, and come with two potential questions for him tomorrow. He speaks to us Wednesday
4. Reading assignment: http://www.statisticbrain.com/twitter-statistics/
5. Reading assignment: http://blog.bufferapp.com/social-media-in-2013-user-demographics-for-twitter-facebook-pinterest-and-instagram
6. Reading assignment: Ethics: http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/2011/07/rethinking-journalism-ethics-objectivity-in-the-age-of-social-media208
"When dawn spreads its paintbrush on the plain, spilling purple... ," Songs of the Pioneers song from TV show "Wagon Train." Dawn on the mythic Santa Fe Trail, New Mexico, looking toward Raton from Cimarron. -- Clarkphoto. A curmudgeon's old-fashioned newspaper column, cross-breeding watercolor, metaphors and journalism, for readers in more than 150 countries.