- Watercolor--Whitney, a late great painter and teacher helping me in my DIY art school. Daily readings and thinking required.
- Just finished, Palmer, On the Brink of Everything...deep thinking and truths about getting older.
- Just started, Thomas Merton's autobiography, since so much I read seems to refer to him these days, about living and eternity (oh, wait, that's redundant).
- Hopping chapters, Craig Childs travels about out southwestern deserts, and the repeating dyings of our planet, including now.
- Seabald, Rings of Saturn--here's a story of my summer international twitter bookclub, headed by a professor at Cambridge. Mind blowing.
"When dawn spreads its paintbrush on the plain, spilling purple... ," Sons of the Pioneers theme for TV show "Wagon Train." Dawn on the mythic Santa Fe Trail, New Mexico, looking toward Raton from Cimarron. -- Clarkphoto. A curmudgeon artist's musings melding metaphors and journalism, for readers in more than 150 countries.
Friday, July 13, 2018
Read, paint, draw, and a little writing, but more reading. These last two weeks have alternated between these diverse doors of reality.